What is Hacktoberfest?
Hacktoberfest is a month-long celebration of open source software run by DigitalOcean and DEV taking place every October.
- Hacktoberfest is open to everyone in our global community.
- To participate, four pull requests must be submitted to public GitHub repositories.
- You can sign up anytime between October 1st and October 31st.
- PRs will be due on October 31st!
How do I Join?
- First, register at http://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com
- Then, visit our Github repository at https://github.com/pencil2d/pencil/issues/
- Submit at least four (4) PRs (Pull Requests) to our repository. Quality contributions are encouraged!
Note: Contributions can be made to any public repository. While it doesn’t have to be ours, we would be very happy if you decide to work with us. ;-)
To learn more about Hacktoberfest and how to participate, please visit their FAQ: https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/faq
Pencil2D & Hacktoberfest
Every year we take this opportunity to welcome potential Pencil2D contributors and we thought it was a great idea to reward them for helping us to make Pencil2D better! As such we’ll be taking part of this recurrent event in the foreseeable future.
We are greatly in need of human talent, specifically developers, but we also have tasks for people to participate in this event even if they do not know how to program. We have created specific guides for both of these groups of contributors to help people get started with Hacktoberfest.
Please choose the appropriate guide for your skills if you are interested in contributing:
Note: Pencil2D is not related or sponsored by Digital Ocean in any way. We are simply promoting their event which has a beneficial impact in the open-source community and should not be considered as corporate endorsement of any kind to our project.